School Uniform and PE Kit
Dear parents and carers,
Our uniform is smart and simple, and we expect all children to be in the correct school attire each day.
Below sets out what children should wear to school:
Children should wear:
- Purple school jumper or cardigans
- White polo shirt, blouse or shirt (logo optional)
- Black or grey trousers (full length), pinafore dress, skirts or tailored shorts
- Lilac ‘gingham’ summer school dresses (white socks allowed with these)
- Completely black, flat-soled, sensible shoes or boots
- Black or dark grey socks or tights (not white unless with a gingham dress).
No: Open-toed shoes or sandals; leggings (other than for PE); different coloured soles or logos on footwear.
On PE days, children should come to school in:
- Plain white t-shirt (or school polo shirt if you do not have a t-shirt)
- Plain black shorts or
- Plain black leggings (girls)
- Plain black or navy tracksuit for colder months – PLEASE NOTE: No multi-coloured or other coloured tracksuit tops or hoodies. School jumpers can be worn over the t-shirt/polo shirt instead.
No: Football kits; clothing with writing, slogans or images on (small brand logos are allowed).
You can buy our school uniform from a number of places including Birds of Dereham, which is located at Unit D, 13 Yaxham Rd, Dereham NR19 1HB. They supply both polo shirts and jumpers embroidered with the school badge.
JEWELLERY AND MAKE-UP
With the exception of a wristwatch and plain gold or silver stud earrings, no other jewellery is allowed. Make-up is not permitted whatsoever. This includes nail-varnish.
As always, if you have any concerns about being able to provide appropriate school uniform for your child, please let us know. Thank you for your support on this matter.
All the staff at Dereham Church of England Junior Academy